UDL and Expert Learners
Universal Design for Learning believes that expert learners are resourceful and knowledgeable (Principle I), strategic and goal-directed (Principle II), and purposeful and motivated (Principle III). Expert learners:
- bring considerable prior knowledge to new learning.
- formulate plans for learning.
- are goal-directed in their learning.
In this activity, you will read online about Universal Design for Learning and Expert Learners.
Select the link to read about UDL and Expert Learners.
As you read, examine the characteristics of expert learners from the UDL perspective. After examining the characteristics, select Principles 1, 2, and 3 at the bottom of the column to read more about developing expert learners.
- How do we develop more resourceful and knowledgeable learners?
- How do we develop more strategic and goal-directed learners?
- How do we develop more purposeful and motivated learners?